Saturday, September 17, 2005

Still Getting the Hang of This

Ever feel like the weekend is just passing you by when infact it's just begun? I hate that. I suppose we'll have to make the most out of today and tomorrow to make up for the feeling. Yesterday seemed almost like the weekend because instead of spending all day at work I had to trek over to Richmond to pick up backline for the Blackalicious show. Rather than being a two, maybe three hour excursion though, it somehow morphed into an all day event involving multiple friends. And new CDs. I picked up the Bloc Party remix and Architecture in Helsinki albums before we left [disclaimer, yes yes I will be pitfully behind on new music in general. alas] and naturally we stopped in to Plan 9 while in rva and i got a used Kinks album there and a used copy of Antics which I had lost months ago and which I can remember being the only CD I want to hear at all about eleventy hundred times since then because it's awesome. Anyway reviews of some of those might follow. More likely than not it will not be a review of Antics because we all already know it 's great, and it will not be a review of AiH because I'm not sue I could sit through that again.

Last night was Of Montreal at the Ballroom. Adam and I stopped by for a minute to experience the chaos and such but naturally I parked in the fire lane or something and the thought of finding new parking plus said chaos, times 9 since the opening band The MGMT was really grating on me, meant we left after about 3 minutes. But tonight. Blackalicious. Should be good. And chaotic. And involving friends from near and far. And today, horseback riding which is great because I haven't beeen in years and because I dreamed about horses, much like a Couting Crows song or something, last night. And tomorrow, Sunday Summer BBQ, this week ft. Nates Super Chardonnay Sipping Extravaganza. Or something like that.

The resolve to be more positive is still the MO. To the point where now I notice how negative comments from others are really a bummer. But I also notice how I still switch into anti mode when I've gotta sit in traffic or am runing late or someone tells me to move my car out of the fire lane. But today will be good. And positive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Hunter said...

Nice page. Enjoyable read. In turn, you may find my own Cheap Dedicated Servers site interesting. It deals fully with Cheap Dedicated Servers issues. Kind regards.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home