Monday, December 25, 2006

memememememememe

Ok. Finally getting around to my five things.

1. I really dislike hugging. Unless you are my s.o. or possibily some attractive celebrity I want to touch.
2. When I was little (elementary school age?) I was terrified every night that I was going to be killed. I would try lying really flat and covering myself, head to toe, in a blanket in hopes the intruder(s) wouldn't notice me. When I wasn't doing that I would sleep on my side, but only my right side and facing the door because I reasoned that I'd rather wake up, first see my killer, and then be stabbed in the chest than suffer a sneak attack and have a knife plunged in to my back. I couldn't sleep on my left side, regardless of whether I was in my bed or elsewhere, until I was about 12.
3. My second and third toe on both feet are kind of webbed. My mom says it's one of the first things she noticed about me when I was born. I prefer to think of them as 'growing from the same stump' rather than webbed, but man, I can swim like a fish.
4. I've never smoked a cigarette. Not even a puff.
5. I had lice something like 3 or 4 times in sixth grade. Now I think it's totally weird when people say they never had it, but they probably also didn't have a best friend at whose house they slept over all.the.time and who a)didn't know she had lice b)didn't admit she had lice even after you gently suggested she might want to get checked since you'd gotten it c)continued her reign as nice lice lady until your fed up mother finally called the school and insisted they send her ass home until she got rid of that shit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

(a) I also can't stand hugging, and really resent being a girl sometimes since everyone just assumes we want to hug hello and goodbye and see you later. No! I really don't! Also, because I don't hug much, I'm TERRIBLE at it, and am always accidentially nosing peoples' necks. Gross.
(b) I was also fairly sure I would be killed. We lived in an old house with lots of creaks. Listening to them, lying in bed, I convinced myself that my murderer was only allowed to move one step each night. One step closer to unprotected me. eep!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Per our off-blog conversation, I assert that the most-accepted pronunciation is, in fact, meem. QED.

12:13 AM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

i did my "five things" over at the neoskeptic.

i promise to never hug you again.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home