Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Home Alone

So the boys left tonight for night one of the tour de force or tour de france or tour of leaving beth home alone. Of course I'm happy for them but it forces me to face the fact that I have less than tons of friends here and 90% of them seem somehow spawned from my relationship with Adam, the other 10% being Ray. Soooo, it's just me and Holmes from now on...except I just found him locked in my car. whoops! He was only in there for like an hour, but honestly, I'm not even sure if they've hit the road yet and I've already lost my cat once so I must say I don't have the utmost confidence in myself for surviving the next ten or whatever days quite yet.

I haven't really lined up a ton of things to entertain myself with like I probably should have. I've got some spectacular mix cds I need to be creating for my father and jj, and some scrapbooking from years ago that has never been completed and sh/could be. Plus there's a couple of shows I could check out--I already skipped gogol bordello tonight since i am homebody magoo but theres also a washington social club show im considering and the dance party were having at the ballroom that i kinda am just really interested to see the result of since I kinda feel like months ago I kinda suggested the same sort of thing that they're doing and was kinda told it wouldn't work. So it's an interesting 'wanting it to work from a professional standpoint and hoping it fails from a personal standpoint' dicotomy.

Not to mention all the blogging I'll be doing now that I'm largely companion-less. I want to post more and not feel intimidated by self-created pressure to be funny or interesting or what have you. I figure that will come naturally with more posting and that waiting around and writing every week or less really isn't helping my cause so I should really just get down to it even if it's just a few sentences here and there.

In reality I'm sure the week plus will consist of drinking more wine than I should, watching more reality tv than is good for me, and going to bed earlier than most people can possibly fathom, but I'm hoping this [64 year old, divorced, retiree's] schedule will ease my mind as I pretend this is the worst kind of nonsense the boys could possibly be getting in to on their journey as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home