Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2KSuck

I know 2005 kinda blew around the world but 2K6 is really off to a spectacularly poor start. It's the first year I can remember actually being home alone at the strike of midnight NYE. January 1 saw a meltdown of epic proportions for me, post WAYY too much booze, and an unfortunate bringing up of various sleeping dogs. goo! Crappy weather and this news (while I didn't know the Harveys, Kathryn was the toy buyer for Plan 9 so it hit a bit close to home...or work, I guess) have rounded out a LAME first 3 days of 2006.

I'd been doing much better than I expected with my newest attempts at independence but honestly, the holidays are not the time to try. There's nothing going on around town and staying warm and cozy with loved ones is the most appealing thing I can think of, although not the best thing to do when trying to branch out on your own. But I am looking forward to the Bottom of the Hudson/Nice Jenkins show Friday, and our sure-to-be-spectacular-in-some-way-or-other work holiday party on Saturday. A Thursday trip to DC and get together with long-lost buds gives me hope the first week of the year can redeem itself.

Oh! and more blogging also. I didn't have any resolutions so this might as well be it. Certainly easier than that whole lose weight nonsense. But that also means more rambling nonsense posts like this.

Also...I just previewed this and it says I wrote it at 3:20pm. It's 6:39. Not sure why this irks me so, but it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home