Sunday, March 05, 2006

Truman Sparks is the new Growing

My dependence on Ray is kind of a running joke. Not that I couldn't do stuff for myself, more like I just don't. Deep down, he probably really enjoys a sense of import gained from being "payer of the bills" and "sorter of the recycling" and "person who gets Beth a beer when she is too lazy to walk downstairs to the keg." I'm sure he will leave a comment to this effect in fact. I don't always whine to get something, per se, but it is funnier to imagine that all I do is lie about and moan "RAAAAaaaayyyyyy" every time I can't figure out how to work the teevee. Cause I totally don't do that. I swear.

But last night when Danny awoke me from my nap in search of Ray, that was just the way things went pretty much, with me croaking a drawn out call from my bed for my number one roomie. For once, I was giving Ray something, but tradition got the best of me and it still came packaged as a 'get me something' call.

It seems Growing had broken down en route to the show and we were suddenly faced with finding a new opener for Mogwai and hour and a half before doors. Truman Sparks had wanted to play this show since they heard it was booked, so in some kind of great twist of fate, they were finally getting their wish, and, for the purposes of this entry and my reputation as a good and kind human being (not just someone who bitches to her roommate all the time to do things for her), let's say I had some part to play in making this happen. Maybe?

In the hit reality show that sh/could stem from following the happenings at Bistro, Inc., this is the stuff that great episodes are made of.

The show went well, at least what I saw of it, although admittedly Mogwai were probably too big of an act for the room and the lights, sound, stage, etc., really didn't do them justice or allow for an optimal performance on their part. I didn't last the duration, however, because I am lame and also a had fall from a horse-induced headache so listening to ear-splitting music (except honestly it was that loud...or my ear plugs are awesome...or our sound system is shit) was kinda last on the list of things I wanted to do. I actually landed on my side then hit my head, and here is where I include the grautious bruise pictures

Last Night

Today

4 Comments:

Blogger sbma44 said...

ack! hope your head's ok today.

1:17 PM  
Blogger t(h)om said...

who's the lucky one that got to take that pic?

11:02 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

t(h)om, that reads kind of creepy. I mean, to me at least.

12:30 PM  
Blogger AnneChe said...

Are you sure that horse didn't give you a hickey?

(also kind-of creepy)

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home