Monday, February 06, 2006

Score

We didn’t have as many attendees at our Superbowl gathering as we might have hoped. Given attendance at the previous Sunday’s soiree I think we overestimated who might show. Ever-dependable Thom showed though, and Kristy stopped in between stints doing the 6 o’clock and 11 o’clock weather.

There’s something about seeing someone you know and drink wine with regularly on TV that never gets old. Despite the fact the local news here often leads with UVA sports scores or a story about something like the Blue Ridge Soapbox Classic, and the weather seems to take up about 13 minutes of the broadcast, I always watch when I’m home and know Kristina’s anchoring. In some minor way maybe it feeds my addition to celebrity and gives me the most minor connection ever to fame.

Michelle Kwan always pulls on her ear after she competes as a not so subtle sign to whomever it is she's messaging at home. When Kristy had to leave to get back to the station last night, we all agreed she needed to work a shout out into the weather report, cause we’d be watching, and drunk, and excited about it. She thought a head scratch or hand sign might be too awkward, and admittedly I wasn’t convinced she was going to play in to our key word dropping plan at all.

But then there she was. Telling us about the weather in the Midwest. I think she was somewhere over Iowa or Minnesota when it came. “For more frothy weather you can look to the West.” Touchdown.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Damnit.
Did I miss a good Sunday? You know I would have been there.

And
Did you really drink wine without me?

6:46 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Yeah, the Jenkins really dropped the ball there.

Unlike Fast Willie. Who ran it. Fast.

(I bet he eats bean dogs before every game.)

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home