Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Woe is Internet-less Me

Today the woes are technological. My computer, you see, is sick. Well not so much sick as fucked up. The end of the power cord or the part it plugs in to in the computer or something is apparently bent so unless all the stars are aligned, its 67 and cloudy, and god is smiling on me, or I wiggle the plug just right, the computer doesn't think its plugged in to a power source and it likes to loose power fast. If we were continue with the anthropomorphizing of said computer it would be along the lines of a person who...well you know, something.

So I took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy (which, hi, tangent, I feel so sorry for because their job sucks. There were about 5 people in line in front of me and every one of them was a huge asshole to the service counter dude. I know it sucks that your computer sucks. Its fucking annoying. Its probably MORE annoying for the service dude who has to listen to eleventy hundred incompetent boobs like you who come in daily to yell at him about how their computer won't work when they are obviously oblivious to even the most basic of computer-related things and 99.9% of the time the problem is their dumb fault and their non-stop asshole-ishness makes the service dude want to die every night when he gets home. People that are jerks to service folk are the worst. Honestly. Haven't you ever had that job? Any job where you were someones bitch? Right. Most people have, so stop acting like a dickhead and remember what that was like...now back to regularly scheduled programming) and they tell me they have to send it back to Gateway and it'll take 2-5 weeks to fix this "common problem." AHH! what the f. how will I SURVIVE. I shall surely DIE and my final words will be "it was.....lackofinternet!" and my tombstone will read "she lost the web, and now we have lost her." So anyway that was crap. Also, I suspect even less posting (if that's even possible) once I finally come to terms with and actually give up my computer. gah!

2 Comments:

Blogger sbma44 said...

What? Bent things should not have to be sent in. Can you take a picture of the component that's bent? This is totally fixable.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

i will take pix and email you. i will also, someday, send you that check i owe you and a cd of rays band which he gave me for you.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home