Wednesday, April 19, 2006

"Give me your eyes, I need sunshine"

Admittedly, I was very slow on the uptake with Wolf Parade. I'd heard numerous glowing reviews of the record but was convinced the Modest Mouse ties would mean I wouldn't truly adore it. Just recently I've felt like everyone is conspiring to get me to love the album. I've had my own copy since Monday and have listened to nothing else since.

First it was 'Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts' that had me hooked. Like many I tend to fixate on a poppy cut early on in getting to know a record. I'm not sure how much Dooce's entry about 'I'll Believe in Anything' effected my listening habits, but its morphed in to the song I've repeated in my car, on my ipod, and at home what must be eleventy-hundred times at this point. I love the way it sounds, but while it took me a few listens to sort out his lyrics, now that's what's really doing it for me.

And somehow it does go perfectly with the unbelievably beautiful days we've been having of late. The weather makes it so much easier to get up in the morning and enjoy the day--knowing you get to look forward to the sun beating down on you but that it'll still being cool enough to please everyone. And having a brand new mantra to sing over and over in my head helps too: We've both been very brave, Walk around with both legs, Fight the scary day, We both pull the tricks out of our sleeves, but I'll believe in anything, and you'll believe in anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home