Tuesday, January 23, 2007

One Year Later

It's my anniversary so I figured I would tell you about my boyfriend.

Before Jeremy asked me out, I only knew of him vaguely as the handsome parking lot attendant who sometimes gave me a break on my daily rate. This unwarranted discount, however, did nothing to dissuade me of my vague presumption that he was an asshole. Charlottesville is, you see, rife with attractive dicks and I suppose I just absentmindedly threw him in to that category for no good reason at all since that's the criteria I generally employ while baselessly judging people all day long like I do.

But he isn't, as evidenced during our first date, despite its being a somewhat uninspired pool session (although admittedly this was a mutual decision after I shot down his suggestion we go to a movie I'd previously seen). The real proof was when he followed up that date with a visit by the house later in the week wherein he a) watched reality tv with me b) pretended (convincingly!) to actually enjoy said reality tv and c)brought chocolate for me to devour during this boob tube session, and we all know it was a straight shot to my heart after that.

In the year since then, things have been largely consistent. By that I mean I continued to watch bad tv and eat too much chocolate and he continued to be nice to me and fake it like he meant it in areas where it really mattered (see: the music I like, the TLC shows I rot our brains with, all things horse-related, etc.). Of course he had to go and throw a kink in the chain with that whole 'moving to Houston and becoming a meat-eating, homo-hating, acid-making, cowboy' but somehow even that has not deterred us and things have only grown stronger and better by the day.

It sounds generic, but Jeremy is just about the best person I know and has made this past year the best year I can remember. Thanks.

5 Comments:

Blogger eekbeat said...

This is beautiful! I almost regret ripping the laptop away from you.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

YAY!

9:07 PM  
Blogger LC said...

I love Beth and Jeremy!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

When I read stuff like this I am usually sent into fits of vomiting induced by jealousy, but I actually teared up this time! Beautifully written and I'm so happy your so happy!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

oh and this is the first time i've posted comments on blogs (this is your cousin Jessie)

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home