Friday, January 13, 2006

Ray hates, too!

For my first foray into these hate chronicles, I'd like to go ahead with a full-fledged dick move: I'm going to hate on Beth.

Not her specifically, mind you. But her attitude towards girls, specifically girls of romantic interest to me.

As you may know, I think Beth is downright apples 'n' pears. In fact, I count her among the best friends I have.

But when it comes to the ladies in my life, Beth hates. She hates almost every girl I date (present S.O. excluded, unexpectedly, {although Beth is hostile towards the present S.O.'s dog}). And I hate on her hating. I "hate-hate" if you will.

See, some random chick on myspace had her ostensible "friends" message me about how she was keen on me. She had even myspace-blogged about me. But she was nervous about contacting me first, so I was to contact her and befriend her and eventually wed her and make babies with her. (Well, she wasn't that specific, but one might imagine...)

Now, I presumed (and continue to presume) that this entire situation was an elaborate hoax, designed by one of my friends with too much spare time. (Come to think of it, Jordan's working only like 4 hours a day, right? Hm...)

However, I also acknowledge the remote possibility that she really exists and is just, well, maybe a little bit bonkers. Hey, it could happen, right?

Nope. Not according to Beth, who must ruin my fantasy and call me a dolt (not a direct quote) and mock that I could even believe this rubbish, blah, blah, blah.

Why Beth? Why?

Don't hate.

Love.

***

UPDATE: Jon "Blaze" confirms that he, too, received this request but wasn't dumb enough to click it. He said, "I think a lot of people got that."

So yeah: I'm an idiot. Beth was right. As always.

1 Comments:

Blogger sbma44 said...

at last, the hates truly are united

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home